As we move into the summer and lockdown is being gradually eased, we’ve put together some information to help you make the most of your visit to Porthcawl; to make sure you enjoy our town and all it can offer – even during the current pandemic. You can keep an eye out for businesses who have undertaken additional training by looking out for this sticker.
- Take a look at the list of which shops are open, and when. In addition, our essential shops serving fresh fruits, meats and groceries are all open.
Restaurants and Eateries
- Here’s the full list of restaurants and eateries offering collection and/or delivery.
- Here’s the full list of restaurants and eateries opening inside from Monday 3 August and offering Eat Out to Help Out.
Beaches & Open Spaces
- When you visit Porthcawl you can enjoy our beaches and open spaces safely as long as you follow Welsh Government guidelines. Please leave our natural spaces as you find them, taking everything with you.
Activities & Events
- We’re putting together a list of activities that are reopening in the local area. Watch this space!
- Events, for the most part, have been cancelled due to the nature of many people gathering in the same space – however, take a look at Covid-safe events such as our very own Drive-In Cinema.
- You can enjoy a game of golf safely at one of our many golf courses, as long as distancing is maintained.
- There are plenty of options for places to stay in Porthcawl – self-catering cottages and self-contained accommodation are now open. Campsites and other accommodation with shared facilities are also now open.
- Read about and sign the promise to care for each other, for our epic land and our communities in Wales throughout the Covid-19 lockdown and beyond.